Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Luis Hernán Otegui <lu...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/13 20:07:25 UTC

[Maybe OT] how do I avoid SPF_FAIL?

Hi, list, I've recently added the feature of SMTP Auth to my MTA
(Postfix running on Debian Sarge), and when any user tries to send a
mail trhoug the server, it hits SPF_FAIL (which, on the other hand,
seems natural, since one of the "relays" sits outside of the
mynetworks directive of Postfix. Is there any way to

a) disable SPF tests inside SA for authenticated users?
or
b) add the authenticated sender to the trust SPF chain?

Thanks a lot,

Luis

GNU-GPL: "May The Source Be With You...
Linux Registered User #448382.
When I grow up, I wanna be like Theo...

Re: [Maybe OT] how do I avoid SPF_FAIL?

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Luis Hernán Otegui wrote:
> Hi, list, I've recently added the feature of SMTP Auth to my MTA
> (Postfix running on Debian Sarge), and when any user tries to send a
> mail trhoug the server, it hits SPF_FAIL (which, on the other hand,
> seems natural, since one of the "relays" sits outside of the
> mynetworks directive of Postfix. Is there any way to
>
> a) disable SPF tests inside SA for authenticated users?
> or
> b) add the authenticated sender to the trust SPF chain?

Either setting msa_networks in SA if your MTA is just an MSA or adding
"smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes" to your Postfix 2.3 or later
config will do it.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DynablockIssues

Didn't you ask this same question 4 hours ago?

Daryl