Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eric Wagar <ew...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/13 03:15:17 UTC

[users@httpd] _default_ namevhost not working (as I expected and understand)

I have a _default_ namevirtualhost contain.

My understanding of the _default_ bucket is that it will catch the IP
generated traffic and send it to a certain place while passing the domain
specified traffic to another place.

Unfortunately, when I type in the IP address, it goes to the first listed
domain virtualhost, as I expected had there not been a _default_ contain.

I ran httpd -S, and the output is:
VirtualHost configuration:
209.25.194.147:80      is a NameVirtualHost
                       default server www.flyguylive.com
(/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:988)
                       port 80 namevhost www.flyguylive.com
(/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:988)
                       port 80 namevhost www.flystream.net
(/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:1021)
                       port 80 namevhost www.camblast.net
(/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:1034)
wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
_default_:80           default (/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:970)
_default_:9999         www.flyguylive.com
(/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:979)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
eric

RE: [users@httpd] _default_ namevhost not working (as I expected and understand)

Posted by Eric Wagar <ew...@yahoo.com>.
Changing the _default_ to the IP of the system worked the way I expected.

Thanks
eric

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.