Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mxc <ma...@jumpingbean.co.za> on 2006/12/30 16:36:47 UTC

mvn -- still runs delete test?

Hi all,

I am struggling with maven2. There are two issues currently causing me
grief.

1) I have some hbm.xml files I have placed in the resources folder under
/src/java/main. However when running test these resources cannot be accessed
by the class being tested. If I package the jar the files are copied over to
the jar. Why does getResource not work as expected?

2) I deleted the test that failed as a result of the above so it could pass
its tests and install itself. However running mvn install still results in
the test being run! This is weird as the test class has been deleted! I feel
like I am going insane.

Thanks

Re: mvn -- still runs delete test?

Posted by mxc <ma...@jumpingbean.co.za>.

>You may want to look at [1] for an introduction to maven's standard
directory layout.
Yeah sorry I meant /src/main/resources -- sorry for the typo.

> >My guess is that you deleted the .java file and did not run 'mvn
>> clean'.  The .class file would still be there under target.

>Aside from deleting your test java and class files, you can simply add
-Dmaven.test.skip=true to your >mvn command to skip the tests ( i.e. mvn
install -Dmaven.test.skip=true ). See [2] for more info >about skipping
tests.

Thanks for the tip. I fixed the weird deleted test issue by running mvn
clean.  I fixed the resource issue not being found by creating a resources
file under /src/test/resources. As you probably know this is where the tests
search for their resources under /src/main/

Re: mvn -- still runs delete test?

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, Mark,

> On 12/30/06, mxc <ma...@jumpingbean.co.za> wrote:
>
> > 1) I have some hbm.xml files I have placed in the resources folder under
> > /src/java/main. However when running test these resources cannot be
> accessed
> > by the class being tested. If I package the jar the files are copied
> over to
> > the jar. Why does getResource not work as expected?
>
> I'd need to see the pom and the directory structure.  A 'resource
> folder under /src/java/main' sounds decidedly non-standard.

You may want to look at [1] for an introduction to maven's standard
directory layout.

> > 2) I deleted the test that failed as a result of the above so it could
> pass
> > its tests and install itself. However running mvn install still results
> in
> > the test being run! This is weird as the test class has been deleted! I
> feel
> > like I am going insane.
>
> My guess is that you deleted the .java file and did not run 'mvn
> clean'.  The .class file would still be there under target.

Aside from deleting your test java and class files, you can simply add
-Dmaven.test.skip=true to your mvn command to skip the tests ( i.e. mvn
install -Dmaven.test.skip=true ). See [2] for more info about skipping
tests.

Cheers,
Franz

[1]