Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steve Favez <fa...@swissonline.ch> on 2001/08/27 14:14:42 UTC

Fw: hyphenation with table problem

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Favez
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 9:33 AM
Subject: hyphenation with table problem

Hello,

I'm new on fop, and I've a big problem.

I create a table and ask hyphenate on every columns... with small world, no problem, but with big words, no hyphenation is done,,, Why ?? is it a known bug ??

in attachement an xml file and the xslt file

Thanks in advance

[Patch the 2nd] bugs with hyphenation

Posted by Enrico Schnepel <en...@gmx.de>.
As I have said I created a testfile for a realy seldom situation: a non
letter character before a word with hyphens in the word... the patch is also
included.

The testfile also includes a demonstration for some other bugs with
hyphenation but I don't know how to resolve them.

> There is a problem with small table-columns and hypenation if the word
> starts with a '"' or a '/'. I hope I have time to create a testfile and
> send it and the patch this evening because I will be on holiday next week.
> this bug caused an infinite loop and kept me from from rendering a 3,5 MB
> document. The html version of the candidate recommendation of the fo
> specification converted to fo using html2fo. the 279 page pdf is available
> at http://html2fo.sourceforge.net/xslspec.pdf. rendering it was something
> like a stress test ;-)

Enrico

Re: [Patch] Re: Fw: hyphenation with table problem

Posted by Enrico Schnepel <en...@gmx.de>.
I don't know if there was a problem. I have tested the patch with my
testfile (send to fop-dev on 2001-08-21).

http://www.gmx.net

Re: [Patch] Re: Fw: hyphenation with table problem

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.

Posted by Enrico Schnepel <en...@gmx.de>.
Hello Steve,

The problem you are running into is known, resolved but not merged into
the cvs tree yet. I've already send a diff script which resolves hypenation
problems within LineArea to fop-dev one week ago. I've attached the diff
script.

Enrico

Am Montag, 27. August 2001 14:14 schrieben Sie: