Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by mtitania <mt...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/23 21:41:49 UTC

FromRepository Mailet does not appear to work... ??

I am attempting to process all email that was collected and put into an
inbox, all or most of which should be bounces from an email send that was
completed.  I want to pull them from the repository and process those that
are bounces.

I wrote a custom Mailet named BounceHandlerMailet which currently only
queries fields within the Mail and outputs them to the logfile (I'm assuming
phoenix.log).  I stop and restart James, it starts up but the email is still
in inboxes/test (which I've set to delete), and I see nothing in the
phoenix.log.

Below is what I modified in the config.xml... I'd appreciate any help on
this, as I'm attempting to put this process together -- as a test. In the
future, the Mailet will be processed against all incoming mail... but for
now, I need to respool mail from an inbox that it was delivered to.

I created a processor because I ONLY want the re-spooled mail to be run
through the custom Mailet that I wrote.

I put the following in the root processor:

        <mailet match="All" class="FromRepository">
        <repositoryPath>file://var/mail/inboxes/test</repositoryPath>
        <processor>myprocessor</processor>
        <delete>true</delete>
        </mailet>

I created a processor definition as follows:

      <processor name="myprocessor" >

        <mailet match="HostIs=myhost.com" class="BounceHandlerMailet">
        </mailet>

      </processor>

Thanks --

Kim :-)

Re: FromRepository Mailet does not appear to work... ??

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi kim,

look for /path/to/james/apps/james/logs/mailet*.log

cheers
Norman