Posted to user@hama.apache.org by Chris Willmore <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2011/05/10 11:32:51 UTC

Running mutiple tasks in local mode

Hi All,

I am playing around with the examples in local mode, but cannot figure out how, or if it is even possible, to run more than 2 peers for a job.

I'ved tried running:
bin/hama jar hama-examples.jar pi <num>

with various values of num, but it seems it is disregarded and always 2 are run (one master peer and one additional).
Can I run and test locally with num > 2?

Also, I was wondering how the number of peers concurrently running on a given groom server are controlled. Is it configurable?

Regards,
Chris

Re: Running mutiple tasks in local mode

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
GroomServers can be run on different port numbers.

But I don't recommend you to do it.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

Re: Running mutiple tasks in local mode

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

Re: Running mutiple tasks in local mode

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hi chris,

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon

Re: Running mutiple tasks in local mode

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
> How if let the setting be configured through conf file?

+1

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by ChiaHung Lin <ch...@nuk.edu.tw>.
How if let the setting be configured through conf file?

Basically increasing thread pool size looks ok. +1

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.

Fwd: Running mutiple tasks in local mode

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Hi all