Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2019/10/11 05:31:58 UTC

[HEADS UP] Releases on the way

Hi guys,

I've almost finished the refactoring of Cave for Cave 4.2.0 release:

https://github.com/jbonofre/karaf-cave/tree/REFACTORING

I'm polishing a bit this morning and merge to master later today.
I will prepare the Cave 4.2.0 during the week end.

On the other hand, I moved forward on Karaf master heading to 4.3.0.RC1.
I should be able to push a first RC (RC1) beginning on next week.

Meantime, I also moved forward on Decanter 2.3.0 preparation with new
improvements, fixes, etc.
The target is to submit this release in couple of weeks.

Stay tuned !

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [HEADS UP] Releases on the way

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi JB,

thanks fort he update, that sounds excellent (you really made me curious about the next Cave release)!
Thank you soo much for all the work you do here.

Julian

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

A new quick update about the releases schedule.

Karaf Cave 4.2.1 has been released, with mostly fixes.

Karaf Decanter 2.3.0 is almost done but require release of Karaf 4.2.8
first (for the new itests).
So, Karaf 4.2.8 is my main priority for the coming week.

On the other hand, 4.3.0.RC1 is almost done, I'm working on fixing the
latest failing tests. I plan to submit to release in 2 weeks.

As usual, I keep you posted.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

I moved forward on the releases but I took the liberty to take couple of
days off (I think I needed it ;)), so now I'm late ;)

The releases will be submitted to vote next week. Sorry for the delay.

As usual, I keep you posted.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

new update about the release.

I'm finalize today Pax Logging 1.11.3 release, and I will submit Karaf
4.2.8 to vote before the end of this week.

On the other hand, I waited too long for 4.3.0.RC1. So, I will merge
framework update and other third party updates during the week end.
The plan is to submit 4.3.0.RC1 to vote asap to give us time to test and
move forward.

On the other hand, you have seen that Cave 4.2.0 has been released with
the whole refactoring. I will also work on Decanter 2.3.0 release next week.

Stay tuned !

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Merry Christmas & releases on the way

Posted by Erwin Hogeweg <er...@me.com.INVALID>.
Thanks JB,

Merry Christmas to you and the Karaf team as well.

Thanks for the update.

Erwin

Posted by Erwin Hogeweg <er...@me.com>.
Thanks JB,

Posted by Robert Varga <ni...@hq.sk>.
> Hi guys,

Hey JB,

> on behalf of the Karaf team, I wish a Merry Christmas to the whole Karaf
> community.

... thanks, hope it was merry for you as well :)

> Let me use this mail to give you an update about releases:
> - Karaf 4.2.8 is planned before the end of this year (this week or early
> beginning of next week).

Awesome, let me know if there's anything I can do to help with KARAF-6345 :)

Regards,
Robert

Merry Christmas & releases on the way

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Eric,

For KARAF-6480, yes for sure. About KARAF-6514, I have to find a way to
fix the issue, but it's my target.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update, JB!

Posted by Eric Lilja <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update, JB!

Posted by Patrique Legault <pa...@gmail.com>.
I second that. Enjoy sit back and relax.

Posted by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Just a quick update specific to Karaf 4.3.0.RC1.

I just upgraded the OSGi spec, frameworks (felix and equinox) and
resolver to support OSGi R7.

The PR is there:

https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/995

I'm starting deeper test. I already spot an issue with shell console
completer (only on Felix, Equinox works fine).

However, just to let you know that 4.3.0.RC1 with R7 support is on the
way ;)

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi guys,

Cave 4.2.0 has been released and 4.2.1 will follow with some minor
improvements and couple of fixes detected on 4.2.0.

Regarding 4.3.0.RC1, I'm merging the framework updates and some other
updates. So far so good, I will cut the release soon.

About 4.2.8, I've postponed a bit as I found a new issue in the resolver
and optional imports (I have to dig into).

Decanter 2.3.0 preparation will start next week.

I keep you posted.

Regards
JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.