Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mapred Learn <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/12 00:50:51 UTC

How to generate Value Classes at runtime for Sequence files

Hi,
I have some types of data that I have to upload on HDFS as Sequence Files.

Initially, I had thought of creating a .jr file at runtime depending on
the type of schema and use rcc DDL tool by Hadoop to create these classes
and use them.

But looking at rcc documentation, I see that it has been deprecated. I was
trying to see what other options I have to create these value classes per
type of data. Has anyone used any other tool for this rcc replacement ? Or
any other way of tackling this porblem ?

Thanks,
JJ