Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com> on 2008/03/01 03:50:07 UTC

Axis2/C and UDDI

I am new to web services and I am still trying to figure out how all
the pieces going together.  My final objective is to write bunches of
web services using Axis2/C and served up by Apache that can be
consumed by a .Net Windows application.  According to this book I am
reading online, UDDI are Service Discovery and Service Publication
pieces of Web Services stack.

I have Apache running with the Axis2/C module installed with the
sample modules.  When I direct my browser to
http://localhost/axis2/services or any deeper URI, such as
http://localhost/axis2/services/echo, I get the same thing, what looks
like a very simple html dump of all the modules.  I have tried
pointing Microsoft Visual Studio 2005's Web Services with no luck.

What am I missing?  Considering I want to do a lot with Web Services,
I think I am missing a whole lot, so do you have any good suggestions
on where I can go to come up to speed on Web Services?

Sam

Re: Axis2/C and UDDI

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi Sam,

OK, I believe you are looking for WSDL generation for C Services. You
don't see a WSDL file because in .NET, when you point to your URL you will
see an ASMX test interface rather. That is .NET specific, and we don't
have a similar alternate. Calling
http://localhost/axis2/services/echo?wsdl or something similar in a .NET
context would show you a WSDL. And, that is also a .NET specific way of
doing things. We don't have something similar too.

However, I'm not sure whether we support CtoWSDL. Devs, do we support this?

Anyway, you can always come up with an easy workaround. That is to
primarily use .NET to generate the WSDL file for you and based on that
WSDL file, the codegen tool (WSDL2C) can generate C code for you. Thus,
you will have to write the service in .NET and then get the WSDL file, use
it, and create C code. Therefore, you will write code only once.

Also, it is possible to manually write service discovery files and use it
for services that don't provide WSDL files in .NET. This is a real tedious
process.

Regards,
Senaka

Re: Axis2/C and UDDI