Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2014/12/08 12:29:01 UTC

[TTH] it's not that complicated

One last thought after reviewing your recent community difficulties:
my general feeling that this PMC is making things more complicated
than it should, based on a vague belief that the Apache Software
Foundation has tons of complex requirements and processes that need to
be followed.

That's not the case - there are some rules and requirements, but
AFAICS much fewer than the general perception here seems to be.

The "what makes Apache projects different?" post [1] that I wrote a
while ago tries to capture the key differences between Apache projects
and just sharing a code repository.

There's really not more to it than that - keeping things simple should help.

-Bertrand

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/what_makes_apache_projects_different