Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Prótár Gábor <pr...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/19 14:08:32 UTC

Tomcat + Axis2 + MySQL

Hello!

I have a problem and I can't find the answer. (list archive, google :-), .)

I am using Tomcat v5.5.17, Axis 2 v1.0, MySQL v5.0.24, MySQL Connector/J
v5.0.3

I tried to configure Tomcat's Datasources but it still not works.

1.: put a context.xml file into this directory: <tomcat install
folder>/webapps/axis2/meta-inf

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Context>

<Resource

name="jdbc/TestDB"

type="javax.sql.DataSource"

username="wsuser"

password="abc"

driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

maxIdle="2"

maxWait="5000"

url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ws?autoReconnect=true"

maxActive="4"/>

</Context>

2.: write new lines to the web.xml file at <tomcat install
folder>/webapps/axis2/web-inf

  <resource-ref>

      <description>DB Connection</description>

      <res-ref-name>jdbc/TestDB</res-ref-name>

      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>

  </resource-ref>

3.: use it

Context envContext = (Context)initContext.lookup("java:/comp/env");

DataSource ds = (DataSource)envContext.lookup("jdbc/TestDB");

Connection conn = ds.getConnection();

Statement ins = conn.createStatement();

ins.execute("insert into w(name) values('" + transactions[i].getName() +
"')");

conn.close();

4.: No error, but there is nothing changed in the database. Please help me
solve this problem.

---

Also I have another problem, I can't see error messages from MySQL connector
and when I use System.out.println(); int he webservice code I can't see it
in any log files? (stdout_<timestamp>.log and stderr__<timestamp>.log files
are created by the Tomcat server, but they are only holding information
about loading modules) How can I configure proper logging?

For example:

- Deploying module : addressing-1.0

- Deploying module : soapmonitor-1.0

Retrieving document at ''.