Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Joshua Housh <jo...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/03 19:59:30 UTC

Questions about s3 and glue

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I couldn't find
anything better. I have a process that periodically drops orc files into an
s3 bucket (for some other purpose) and I'd like to add that data to a
glue-backed iceberg catalog. Is there a way I can do this without copying
the data again?

Thanks!
Josh

Re: Questions about s3 and glue

Posted by Jack Ye <ye...@gmail.com>.
I think this is less about S3 and Glue, but more about adding files to a
table without the need to copy the data. This is recently discussed in
https://github.com/apache/iceberg/issues/2068, we can continue the
discussion there.
-Jack