Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/31 19:43:02 UTC

CXF-1126, my brain is nillable

A wrapped method that takes an object and an array of those objects, in
JAX-WS, yields the following. Not the lack of nillables.
This would seem to indicate that you can't pass a null in one of the array
slots, which in turn means that the above-captioned test is wrong and I
should fix it.

  <xs:complexType name="beanFunction">
                <xs:sequence>
                    <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="bean1"
type="ns1:testBean1"/>
                    <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0"
name="beanArray" type="ns1:testBean1"/>
                </xs:sequence>
            </xs:complexType>

Re: CXF-1126, my brain is nillable

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Yea.   This is one of the areas addressed by JAX-WS/JAXB 2.2.   With 2.2, the
@XmlElement annotation can be added to the parameter to add the nillable
attribute.   What I need to research more on is if @WebParam and @XmlElement
are both there and both have a "name", which name wins.

Of course, that's also JAX-WS/JAXB 2.2, not 2.1.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org