Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Aare Vesi <aa...@myrien.com> on 2004/07/03 23:55:47 UTC

xsbuilder error

Hi,

While building Embperl from CVS with latest
ExtUtils-XSBuilder-0.25 from CPAN

perl xs_generate.pl gives:

Can't locate object method "new_podtemplate" via package
"Embperl::WrapXS" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/ExtUtils/XSBuilder/WrapXS.pm line 1586.

with ExtUtils-XSBuilder-0.23 xs_generate.pl works fine.

Re: xsbuilder error

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Aare Vesi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While building Embperl from CVS with latest
> ExtUtils-XSBuilder-0.25 from CPAN
>
> perl xs_generate.pl gives:
>
> Can't locate object method "new_podtemplate" via package
> "Embperl::WrapXS" at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/ExtUtils/XSBuilder/WrapXS.pm line 1586.
>

> with ExtUtils-XSBuilder-0.23 xs_generate.pl works fine.

So please use 0.23 until I have fixed 0.25. It will generate the same code
for Embperl

0.26 is under development, which will fix the problem.

Gerald

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh