Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/12 19:20:22 UTC

torque standalone help needed

Hi,

I am trying to use torque in standalone mode.

 From my understanding, to do standalone, I must initialize a TurbineConfig
object with a TurbineResources property file.  Am I right?

This file is not included in the torque distribution.  I have a copy of
this file (from the tdk) but I think it is not right.  It will start all
the services, whereas, I only want to do the torque service.  I am trying
to edit this file, but a little unclear on what is necessary vs. unnecessary.

Can someone send me a copy of a TurbineResources.properties file that could
be used for a Torque standalone application?

I think it also would be nice to include this file into the Torque
distribution.

Thanks,
Phillip

Re: torque standalone help needed

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
Phillip Rhodes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use torque in standalone mode.
>
>  From my understanding, to do standalone, I must initialize a
> TurbineConfig object with a TurbineResources property file.  Am I right?

looks like you are using torque-2.1 ... if you want to use torque standalone you should try the
decoupled torque-3.0dev (from cvs) .. it has tons of bugfixes and improvements and is tested ;-)

i'm using it for a swing app and it works fine for me ...

martin