Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com> on 2014/01/21 07:17:29 UTC

[CLOUDSTACK-1001] Hyper-V Documentation for Review

Hi,

Sorry for cross-posting.

Hyper-V Documentation draft is ready to be picked up for review.

You can find the latest draft doc at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1001

Share your feedback so that we can improve the usability of this new feature.

Thanks
-Radhika

RE: [CLOUDSTACK-1001] Hyper-V Documentation for Review

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Giles for understanding.

Purpose is just one: soliciting feedback. Yes, true that I had no time in hand to send across three separate messages for the same purpose.

I did not never realize this would create so much chaos. I am stopping here.

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com>.
All

My two cents.
I absolutely agree that mailing lists are for defined purposes and that, people should sign up knowing that the specific lists are targeted to what they're interested in.

And the danger of too much cross posting is that lists loose focus.

However, there are (and always will be) situations where somebody needs to inform or seek feedback across lists: not everything fits  into one of our 3 stovepipes

I happen to subscribe to all 3, but I know there are many folks in this project who only watch @marketing. I really don't see the problem in Radhika seeking feedback on a key document release from a marketing perspective.  Its quite usual in many organisations for any "customer facing" documentation to have a once-over from the marketing team before release.

Kind Regards
Giles

D: +44 20 3603 0541 | M: +44 796 111 2055
Giles.Sirett@shapeblue.com

Posted by Thehyperadvisor <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhisek Basu <ab...@msn.com>.
In the draft I see that the RPM pack install points to
baseurl=http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.2/.

Will this be the final case? Or we will modify this to be ...rhel/4.3 ?

Regards,

Abhisek

Posted by Arjan <er...@gmail.com>.
Confirmed :)

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by Radhika Puthiyetath <ra...@citrix.com>.
Simple, no time to send three seperate mail...:-)

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014, at 12:17 AM, Radhika Puthiyetath wrote:
> Sorry for cross-posting.

So... why? :-)

I don't understand why you'd send this to the marketing list, honestly.
I know that folks want review of documentation, but I don't see why this particular draft needs to go to marketing.

Let's please not establish a habit of this - there's a reason we have three different mailing lists and people choose to subscribe to the lists that are of interest. If I'm only subscribed to marketing (or user, or dev), that's a strong signal I don't want dev or user messages clogging my inbox.

> Hyper-V Documentation draft is ready to be picked up for review.
>
> You can find the latest draft doc at
>
> Share your feedback so that we can improve the usability of this new
> feature.
>
> Thanks
> -Radhika

Best,

jzb

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Tue, Jan 21, 2014, at 12:17 AM, Radhika Puthiyetath wrote:
> Sorry for cross-posting.

So... why? :-)

I don't understand why you'd send this to the marketing list, honestly.
I know that folks want review of documentation, but I don't see why this
particular draft needs to go to marketing.

Let's please not establish a habit of this - there's a reason we have
three different mailing lists and people choose to subscribe to the
lists that are of interest. If I'm only subscribed to marketing (or
user, or dev), that's a strong signal I don't want dev or user messages
clogging my inbox.

> Hyper-V Documentation draft is ready to be picked up for review.
>
> You can find the latest draft doc at
>
> Share your feedback so that we can improve the usability of this new
> feature.
>
> Thanks
> -Radhika

Best,