Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Vincent GIRARDREYDET <vi...@thalesgroup.com> on 2009/09/02 18:21:56 UTC

JNDI support in ServiceMix 4 for work with came-jms ?

Hello,

I am currently working with the Camel/JMS stack in ServiceMix. However,
I am experiencing problems when trying to send JMS messages from an
external source. I use some very standard JMS code:

        final InitialContext iniCtx = new InitialContext();
        TopicConnectionFactory tcf =
(TopicConnectionFactory)iniCtx.lookup("ConnectionFactory");
        _conn = tcf.createTopicConnection();
        _top = (Topic) iniCtx.lookup("myTopic");

with jndi.properties being:

        java.naming.factory.initial =
org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory
        java.naming.provider.url = tcp://localhost:61616

and the route being created by:

from("jms:topic:myTopic")
  .to("bean:dummy?methodName=test");

I have verified that the route exists in the context. However, the code
to establish a connexion with the topic fails with a NamingException
that tells that "myTopic" was not found. I have checked and seen that
there is no LISTENING socket open on port 1099, as one would expect with
traditionnal JNDI.

I have found documentation for JNDI in ServiceMix 3, but not in
ServiceMix 4. Does someone have a link to documentation explaining how
to do classic JNDI/JMS exchanges to a topic created in ServiceMix ?

Thanks a lot.