Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/13 14:25:42 UTC

apr_wait_for_io_or_timeout() decl in apr_support.h which is in public include directory

On 11/12/05, Brian Pane <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> >> <cc...@mail.gmail.com>, Jeff
> >> Trawick

> >> Yes, HTTPD.  trunk/server/core_filters.c
> >
> > Simply shocking ;)  That code needs to be fixed to call a real API :(
>
> I just double-checked the declaration, and apr_wait_for_io_or_timeout()
> currently is implemented as part of the public API.  I don't have any
> strong
> objection to making it private, though (e.g., by wrapping the
> declaration in
> an "#ifdef APR_PRIVATE" or moving apr_support.h to apr/include/arch/
> unix).

apr_support.h has these comments...

/**
 * @defgroup apr_support Internal APR support functions
 * @ingroup APR
 * @{
 */

It must be for pragmatic reasons that apr_support.h is in the apr
include directory instead of include/arch.  Perhaps
include/arch/apr_private_common.h is more appropriate?

Re: apr_wait_for_io_or_timeout() decl in apr_support.h which is in public include directory

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 08:25:42AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> apr_support.h has these comments...
>
> /**
>  * @defgroup apr_support Internal APR support functions
>  * @ingroup APR
>  * @{
>  */
>
> It must be for pragmatic reasons that apr_support.h is in the apr
> include directory instead of include/arch.  Perhaps
> include/arch/apr_private_common.h is more appropriate?

Ouch, yes, definitely.  I wonder whether we need to have an argument
about whether unintentially exposed functions constitute part of the ABI
or not first before hiding this again...

joe