Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io> on 2016/02/10 18:49:54 UTC

Three redundancy zones

Is it possible to set up 3 separate redundancy zones so that a network
segmentation would have less chance of making the wrong decision about
quorum?

--
Mike Stolz
Principal Engineer, GemFire Product Manager

Re: Three redundancy zones

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.
Dan,

That's exactly what I'm thinking. 3 copies of data across 3 racks, largely
eliminating the likelihood that one rack failing can cause the other to
shoot himself in the head.

Re: Three redundancy zones

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.