Posted to users@maven.apache.org by luan xl <he...@hotmail.com> on 2005/11/08 05:04:03 UTC

[m102] strange compile error

I used the "maven eclipse" to generate the eclipse project, and in the IDE
everything is fine, compile is ok and unit test is ok. but when I switch
back to using maven:

maven -X java:compile

the compiler can not find getTextContent() method in org.w3c.dom.Node, and
point the following statement as an error:
   code += childList.item(i).getTextContent().hashCode() * 5L;

and I also tried "maven ant" to produce the ant build.xml, then I compile,
test, everything is also ok.

so it that a bug?

Re: [m102] strange compile error

Posted by luan xl <he...@hotmail.com>.
yeah, I am very sure about that, and I test on XP and Debian, both give the
same error.
so in the last few days I have to sitck to the ant to maintain the project.

later I will post the report as Arnaud suggested. Thanks for the attention.

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Do the JDK versions for the IDE and the command prompt match?

On 11/8/05, luan xl <he...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I used the "maven eclipse" to generate the eclipse project, and in the IDE
> everything is fine, compile is ok and unit test is ok. but when I switch
> back to using maven:
>
> maven -X java:compile
>
> the compiler can not find getTextContent() method in org.w3c.dom.Node, and
> point the following statement as an error:
>    code += childList.item(i).getTextContent().hashCode() * 5L;
>
> and I also tried "maven ant" to produce the ant build.xml, then I compile,
> test, everything is also ok.
>
> so it that a bug?

Bernard Shaw

RE: [m102] strange compile error

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I never saw this error
Can you open an issue in the java plugin with the log, your environment settings...

Thanks.

Arnaud