Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Noah Silverman <no...@allresearch.com> on 2006/03/21 23:46:52 UTC

[users@httpd] php crashes with msyql

Hello,

I have a mission critical problem that I cant seem to solve.  Can
anyone help??

I'll even offer $100 paypal if someone gives me the answer to solve
this issue.

Thanks,

-N

------------------

The issue:
	when I load a php file in a browser that references mysql, it
crashes the apache thread.

The clues:
	if I call the same php from the command line, it works perfectly!
	If I call a php file that doesn't use mysql, it works perfectly!
	The problem is only when calling a php file using mysql THROUGH A
BROWSER.

The environment
	slackware with kernel 2.6.11.8
	php 5.1.2
	apache 2.2.0
	mysql 4.1.18 (pre-compiled downloaded from mysql.com)

apache config command:
./configure --with-apr=/usr/local/apr-httpd/ --with-apr-util=/usr/
local/apr-util-httpd/ --enable-so --enab
le-rewrite --disable-autoindex --enable-ssl --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl

php config command:

'./configure' '--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs' '--with-
mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-mysql-sock=/tmp/mysql.sock' '--with-
sqlite' '--enable-sqlite-utf8' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir' '--
with-bz2' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-
jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local' '--with-ttf' '--with-
curl=/usr/local' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-gettext' '--with-
config-file-path=/usr/local/apache2/conf' '--enable-trans-id' '--
enable-ftp' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl'

Re: [users@httpd] php crashes with msyql

Posted by Zeffie <us...@jeffball.com>.
top posting still sucks...

> There is SOME FILE on the webserver that has a permission error.  The
> user that apache is running under doesn't have permission to access
> something local that it needs.

Then I would look into what I think is your badly built versions of whatever
you built around in /usr/local

Most likely the great thought that
./configure
make
make install
is the professional way you build things... is what's nailing you.  But I'm
just guessing at this point even after reading all the related posts...

But Assuming that's all you did for so many things like OpenSSL, apache,
MySQL, libjpeg, libpng, curl/libcurl/weirdness, etc... (since you reference
/usr/local often ) which actually aren't used in your php config in regards
to the gd... hummmm  (sentence crash) interesting.. your referencing deps of
gd that aren't the actual deps...  That should be fun! Anyway ...  I would
assume your using to many badly built "things" in your build.

Regardless of that...    building things into /usr/local is not what you
need.  Your .orig problem is crashing and your responding by doing
updates.... and I'll tell you right now that will not cure most "look at me
crash all of a sudden" problems...

You should fix your production server and no I would not work on that devel
system...  it's crap.

Zeffie...
http://www.zeffie.com/
Now I build it and You surf it!
Cobalt RaQ Repairs, Development, and Maintenance.
Home of the Worlds Largest Collection of RaQ Updates!
Cobalt Spam Filter, Security, Firewall, Anti Virus Products.
Yahoo: wwwZeffie ... Aim: wwZeffie ... Msn ##snip## ...
US 734-446-0350 734-454-9117 US Toll Free 800-231-4459 UK 0208-150-6860
MC, VISA, AMEX, and PayPal https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=QJEMLKUKWAL5S

Re: [users@httpd] php crashes with msyql

Posted by Noah Silverman <no...@allresearch.com>.
Wrong permissions.

The mysql box is fine. This isn't a database issue at all, but some
kind of resource/permission error on the webserver.

Posted by Kishore Jalleda <kj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Noah Silverman <no...@allresearch.com>.
Kishore,

Posted by Kishore Jalleda <kj...@gmail.com>.