Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neeraj Vora <ne...@hotmail.com> on 2005/02/22 23:21:24 UTC

How to prevent Context Reload upon changing web.xml

I migrated from Tomcat 4.0.2 to Tomcat 5.5.7. The former was not reloading
the context if I changed application’s web.xml file after deployment. The
latter does that. Is there a way to prevent it? During the searching for
this I read a post that having a context entry with reloadable attribute set
to false does not prevent Tomcat from reloading the WebApp upon touching the
web.xml.

TIA.

Re: How to prevent Context Reload upon changing web.xml

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:21:24 -0800, Neeraj Vora <ne...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I migrated from Tomcat 4.0.2 to Tomcat 5.5.7. The former was not reloading
> the context if I changed application's web.xml file after deployment. The
> latter does that. Is there a way to prevent it? During the searching for
> this I read a post that having a context entry with reloadable attribute set
> to false does not prevent Tomcat from reloading the WebApp upon touching the
> web.xml.

Look in conf/context.xml.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx