Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Вадим Ястребов <wo...@mail.ru.INVALID> on 2021/04/16 12:50:02 UTC

IMXRT1064 and 2 Ethernet interfaces

Hello everyone,

I have encountered a problem related to initializing 2 Ethernet interfaces on IMXRT1064 and I was wondering if you have any idea where to look for solutions.

Sometimes both interfaces work fine. Sometimes, when initializing the second interface with ifconfig followed by ifup, the first one dies about 10 seconds later. Sometimes the first one stops responding to ping and the debug output is showing me "ipv4_input: WARNING: Not destined for us; not forwardable... Dropping!" and "ipv4_input: WARNING: IP packet shorter than length in IP header"... Although, I am not very sure if this debug output is related to my problem. Maybe it's something else.... I still need to dig deeper into it!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,
Vadim Yastrebov

RE: IMXRT1064 and 2 Ethernet interfaces

Posted by David Sidrane <Da...@nscdg.com>.
Hi Vadim ,

This sounds familiar.....Please check if that code is a copy of the Kinetis
driver. If so, see the changes that were done to it in
https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/pull/1273

David

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
I don't have any good input for your specific problem, but the dual
Ethernet configuration was well tested in the past with the SAMA5Dx
configurations.  Those boards have two Ethernet interfaces on board and
no problems like your have been noted.

Most testing used apps/examples/bridge:

    $ find nuttx -name defconfig | xargs grep -l CONFIG_EXAMPLES_BRIDGE
    nuttx/boards/arm/sama5/sama5d3-xplained/configs/bridge/defconfig
    nuttx/boards/arm/sama5/sama5d4-ek/configs/bridge/defconfig