Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Agustín Miña Blanco <am...@qualityobjects.com> on 2015/10/30 09:40:40 UTC

network segmentation

Hi,

I have implemented a custom SegmentationResolver and I have added it as a
property of the IgniteConfiguration.

In the logs I see that a new thread starts that is doing some segmentation
checking but my implementation is never called, instead the checking always
returns true.

Is this feature disabled, or I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help

Re: network segmentation

Posted by agustin <am...@qualityobjects.com>.
Okay, that's how I supposed

Thank you all for your answers

Re: network segmentation

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:14PM, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> Hi Agustin,
>
> I think the network segmentation API was ported to Apache Ignite by mistake
> when GridGain was donating its code to the Apache Ignite project in
> November, 2014.
>
> Currently the network segmentation functionality is not implemented in
> Apache Ignite, and is only available in the GridGain enterprise product,
> which is essentially a version of Apache Ignite with some additional
> features, including the network segmentation.

So, if this is just an API without actual implementation, then perhaps it is
better be either:
 - removed from the code to avoid confusion
or better yet
 - documented as non-implemented, so perhaps community can add the
   implementation if someone wants to work on this.

Cos

Re: network segmentation

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Hi Agustin,

Re: network segmentation

Posted by luqmanahmad <lu...@gmail.com>.
See [1] for free network segmentation plugin

[1]  https://github.com/luqmanahmad/ignite-plugins
<https://github.com/luqmanahmad/ignite-plugins>

Re: network segmentation

Posted by agustin <am...@qualityobjects.com>.
Hi Denis,

This is my dummy implementation of SegmentationResolver interface:

/@Component("dummySegmentationResolver")
public class DummySegmentationResolver implements SegmentationResolver
{
    /**
	 *
	 */

	public boolean isValidSegment() throws IgniteCheckedException
	{
		return false;
	}
}
/
//assign to IgniteConfiguration segmentationResolvers property

/<bean id="ignite.server.cfg"
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">

	<property name="segmentationResolvers">
		<list>
			<ref bean="dummySegmentationResolver"/>
		</list>
	</property>
</bean>/

I've attached the complete log, but the more relevant lines are the
following:

Line 577: DEBUG | 30-oct-2015 11:45:16.038 |  |
disco-net-seg-chk-worker-#45%blackoutGrid% | GridDiscoveryManager - Grid
runnable started: disco-net-seg-chk-worker
Line 6221: DEBUG | 30-oct-2015 11:45:18.066 |  |
disco-net-seg-chk-worker-#45%blackoutGrid% | GridDiscoveryManager - Segment
has been checked [requested=false, valid=true]
Line 6329: DEBUG | 30-oct-2015 11:45:20.078 |  |
disco-net-seg-chk-worker-#45%blackoutGrid% | GridDiscoveryManager - Skipping
segment check as it has not been requested and it is not time to check.
Line 6339: DEBUG | 30-oct-2015 11:45:22.081 |  |
disco-net-seg-chk-worker-#45%blackoutGrid% | GridDiscoveryManager - Skipping
segment check as it has not been requested and it is not time to check.
Line 6344: DEBUG | 30-oct-2015 11:45:24.094 |  |
disco-net-seg-chk-worker-#45%blackoutGrid% | GridDiscoveryManager - Skipping
segment check as it has not been requested and it is not time to check.
Line 6349: DEBUG | 30-oct-2015 11:45:26.110 |  |
disco-net-seg-chk-worker-#45%blackoutGrid% | GridDiscoveryManager - Skipping
segment check as it has not been requested and it is not time to check.
Line 6359: DEBUG | 30-oct-2015 11:45:28.122 |  |
disco-net-seg-chk-worker-#45%blackoutGrid% | GridDiscoveryManager - Segment
has been checked [requested=false, valid=true]

I take a look at the source code and I think that this feature is disabled
because I find the following:

//**
 * No-op implementation for {@link GridSegmentationProcessor}.
 */
public class GridOsSegmentationProcessor extends GridProcessorAdapter
implements GridSegmentationProcessor {
    /**
     * @param ctx Kernal context.
     */
    public GridOsSegmentationProcessor(GridKernalContext ctx) {
        super(ctx);
    }

    */** {@inheritDoc} */
    @Override public boolean isValidSegment() {
        return true; log-ignite.txt
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n1776/log-ignite.txt>
    }*
}/

am I right?

is there a way to overcome this limitation, or is only available in
enterprise edition?

Thank you.

Re: network segmentation

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Hi Agustin,

Please provide the logs. It will help as to pin point the place that did
checks and always returned 'true'.

Regards,
Denis