Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Chris LeCompte <cl...@opentext.com> on 2010/06/23 00:30:16 UTC

Archiva CPU Usage

Has anyone else seen Archiva peg the CPU at 100% while indexing?  It
looks like it's continually updating the nexus index files even when
there are no new artifacts to index.  Is this normal?  Any ideas?  How
can I view what tasks are currently scheduled, other than attaching a
debugger?  Thanks.

Chris

Re: Archiva CPU Usage

Posted by leahpar <ra...@free.fr>.
Bonjour,

I've been face with this issue in the past.
This following explanation may be wrong but in my case it seems that

In production Archiva runs on a window OS that host also a virus scanner
with very strict rules : it scans jar because they are recognized as zip
file.
Each time the nexus indexer create a temporary file
the scanner 'takes' it and sometimes the indexer fail

This leads to
1- the device cpu is quite high during indexing (it can go up to 100%)
2- the indexer fails so artifacts disappear and reappear later in the
browse/search

In test environment (win or linux) without all the 'enterprise security
tools' this does not occured.

Cordialement

Re: Archiva CPU Usage

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
I haven't seen that. Does it eventually complete? What does the status box report in the archiva log?

You can enable debug logging by editing WEB-INF/classes/log4j.xml in the web application and restarting the server. This will show what is being processed.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter