Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian Millett <bp...@ec-group.com> on 2004/01/22 16:59:56 UTC

Re: Is it possible to deploy a struts 1.1 application in Tomcat 5.x ?

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 07:51, Ingvar Larsson wrote:
> For example I deploy struts-examples.war without any problems but when I
> tries to use the application the following appears:
>
> type Exception report
>
> message
>
> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
> from fulfilling this request.
>
> exception

Man, I just spent a full day beating my head against this problem.
Seems that the error that can be read in catalina.out is that the
compiler can not create a temp file.  Ant, it seems, is using a
System.getProperty("user.dir").  For me, it was trying to create a temp
file where it could not.  So by adding "-D/path/to/tomcat/temp" to the
CATALINA_OPTS to start catalina.sh solved the problem.
--
Brian Millett  -  Technologist Rex
"Protests are as much use with the Vorlons as fairy wings on a cement truck."