Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by venkat reddy <ve...@Gandiva.com> on 2001/06/04 22:13:29 UTC

HELP HELP HELP HELP!! SOAP DEV's r u there!

Hi All,
	I've put up this question thrice before but could not get an answer.
The subject for my earlier mails are as follows :: "Proxy request routing"
and "PROXY between the CLIENT and the SERVER". Please take a look for an
understanding of the scenario more in detail. I once again present the same
here.

	My SOAP client sends a request to a "proxy" servlet which then
should 'forward/redirect' the request to the "RPCRouterServlet" if the user
is authenticated to use the deployed SOAP service else the "proxy" servlet
should generate a SOAP Envelop with a fault code and a fault string i.e.
basically a fault node in the SOAP-ENV.
	I took a look at the RPCRouterServlet in doing so and in the
scenario where the authentication failed threw a SOAPException with a
faultcode and a message. From there on I used the exact same code of the
RPCRouterServlet to process this exception and generate a SOAP Fault
Envelop. Then I write this generated envelop to the response.

	The problem is that I see a SocketException on the client side. The
TcpTunnelGui shows the generated SOAP Envelop which is exactly what I needed
but I'm unable to see it on the client side. Below is the listing of the
exception that I see on the client side. Any help or insight into this issue
is greatly appreciated.

--Wincat

java.net.SocketException: Connection aborted by peer: socket write error

at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:83)
at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.write(BufferedOutputStream.java:112)
at
org.apache.soap.transport.TransportMessage.writeTo(TransportMessage.java:461
)
at org.apache.soap.util.net.HTTPUtils.post(HTTPUtils.java:202)
at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.ja
va:208)
at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:203)
at MimeTestClient.main(MimeTestClient.java:55)
Caught SOAPException (SOAP-ENV:Client): Connection aborted by peer: socket
write error
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Connection aborted by peer:
socket write error; targetException=java.net.SocketException: Connection
aborted by peer: socket write error]
at
org.apache.soap.transport.http.SOAPHTTPConnection.send(SOAPHTTPConnection.ja
va:228)