Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com> on 2016/01/28 11:12:28 UTC

Draining collocated IgniteQueue on a node when it's stored

Igniteres,

Seems that the documentation contains a wrong example on how it's
possible to drain a collocated queue [1].

According to it, this can be easily done by sending a closure on a node
that holds it

// Drain queue on the node where the queue is cached.
ignite.compute().affinityRun("cacheName","queueName",queuePoller);

However, in my understanding this is incorrect information cause such an
approach won't work.

Can anybody comment on this? Do we have any ticket that will allow to
add an ability for draining of collocated queues?

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/queue-and-set#bounded-queues

--
Denis

Re: Draining collocated IgniteQueue on a node when it's stored

Posted by Valentin Kulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Denis,

Yes, this is not supported now, because user doesn't know the underlying
cache name. Here is the ticket:

-Val