Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Nick Gearls <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/19 18:14:32 UTC

Linux build portability

Can we move a build from one Linux machine to another one (same OS
version, CPU, etc.), or are there some hard-coding in the binaries
linked to the origin platform ?
I'm obviously asking the question because I tried and I have a problem
on the target computer: Apache does not seem to correctly bind addresses
(mod_proxy cannot resolve target machine name).

Nick

Re: Linux build portability

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Nick Gearls wrote:

> Can we move a build from one Linux machine to another one (same OS
> version, CPU, etc.), or are there some hard-coding in the binaries
> linked to the origin platform ?

Under normal circumstances, yes you can move from one machine to another.

> I'm obviously asking the question because I tried and I have a problem
> on the target computer: Apache does not seem to correctly bind addresses
> (mod_proxy cannot resolve target machine name).

That sounds like you have a DNS problem on the target machine.

Regards,
Graham