Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Henry Kwan <sp...@mail.designmedia.com> on 2004/11/23 20:42:09 UTC

SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping?

Hi.

Just upgraded from 2.64 to 3.01 and everything seems to working fine except
that --lint gives me one error:

[root@beans Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.1]# spamassassin --lint
config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: num_check_received 5
lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more
information.

When I run with -D, I think this is the relevant part:

debug: config: read file /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs
debug: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL from @INC
debug: plugin: registered
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0xa39cb18)
debug: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Hashcash from @INC
debug: plugin: registered
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Hashcash=HASH(0xa3dab7c)
debug: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF from @INC
debug: plugin: registered Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF=HASH(0xa3b85f8)
debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0xa39cb18)
implements 'parse_config'
debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Hashcash=HASH(0xa3dab7c)
implements 'parse_config'
debug: plugin: Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL=HASH(0xa39cb18)
inhibited further callbacks
[that last message repeats for about 30-40 lines]
debug: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
num_check_received 5
debug: bayes: 15598 tie-ing to DB file R/O /opt/bayes/bayes_toks
debug: bayes: 15598 tie-ing to DB file R/O /opt/bayes/bayes_seen

Is this something to be concerned with?  Is there anything I should do about
it?

Thanks to everyone for all of your previous help.

Re: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping?

Posted by Henry Kwan <sp...@designmedia.com>.
Theo Van Dinter <felicity <at> kluge.net> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 11:42:09AM -0800, Henry Kwan wrote:
> > [root <at> beans Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.1]# spamassassin --lint
> > config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: num_check_received 5
> > lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more
> > information.
> >
> > Is this something to be concerned with?  Is there anything I should do about
> > it?
>
> It means that there is no "num_check_received" configuration option.  It was
> removed as of 3.0.0.

Ah.  Thanks for the tip.

It was in my dnsbl.cf config file.  I disabled it and now SA lints fine.

Re: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"Absolutely nothing should be concluded from these figures except that