Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Pauline Mak <pa...@arcs.org.au> on 2010/05/11 00:30:12 UTC

[vfs] commons-vfs-grid and next release of vfs?

Hi all,

We've been developing a set of providers for "grid" enabled protocols
for a few years now (with help from many people in Australia and in the
UK).  What is the process for integrating these providers into VFS (if
you'll accept it!)  For those interesting it's here:

http://projects.arcs.org.au/trac/commons-vfs-grid/

To my second question: I've noticed there's been some updates on the VFS
subversion.  Is there likely going to be another release soon?  We have
a data transfer project right now requiring the use VFS.  The version
we're using was the trunk check out from early 2009. It would be good to
get an updated and stable release to work with.

Many thanks,

-Pauline.

--
Pauline Mak

Assistant Manager, ARCS Data Services
Ph:  +61 3 6226 7518
Mob: +61 411 638 196
Email: pauline.mak@arcs.org.au
Jabber: pauline.mak@arcs.org.au
Calendar: http://tinyurl.com/pmak-arcs-calendar
http://www.arcs.org.au/

TPAC
Email: pauline.mak@utas.edu.au
http://www.tpac.org.au/

Re: [vfs] commons-vfs-grid and next release of vfs?

Posted by Pauline Mak <pa...@arcs.org.au>.
Hi all,

It appears I had sent the wrong URL.  The correct location for the
project is here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/commonsvfsgrid/

Sorry about that...

Cheers,

-Pauline.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Not yet tested. I will soon and keep you posted.
Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Pauline Mak <pa...@arcs.org.au>.
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the info - I'm now downloading 2.0 on the apache maven
repository (which I think was updated a few days ago).

Cheers!

-Pauline.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.