Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2003/11/07 08:26:46 UTC

[ANN][hivemind] hivemind has been temporarily taken offline

the jakarta-pmc have decided to take the hivemind directories offline for
a temporary period. this decision was taken in order to protect every body
involved from legal action. this is not a judgement of the legal rights
and wrongs of the situation nor should it be construed as an admission of
guilt.

i'd like to thank howard for drawing these possible issues to our
attention and hope that he continues to work with the pmc to help us
resolve the issues as quickly as possible.

future discussions of this action or the pmc can be mailed directly.

thanks for your understanding.

- robert

OT: Re: [ANN] hivemind has been temporarily taken offline

Posted by Vic Cekvenich <ce...@baseBeans.com>.
Interesting that HiveMind was a problem, yet jBoss to Geromino is not a
potential legal problem for Apache Users. What was the diference, that
they put the code in sf.net first, refactored packages and claimed it
was not jBoss IP? All Howard did was level with ASF, and Geronimo
(insert appropriate word) claimed orignial IP.  Even enforcement would
be great.

I hope HiveMind shows up on sf.net in the mean time, it is realy, realy
neat and original advance in developmnet productivity. I was starting to
use Pico IoC before, then ..
I found this very educational:
http://jakarta.apache.org/~hlship/HiveMind.ppt

Coding to interfaces, Services and beeing able to intercept (AOP like?).

.V

Re: [ANN][hivemind] hivemind has been temporarily taken offline

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
thanks for the heads up, john.

i've added a .htaccess file which does a temporary redirect. (so that
the website is still there, ready for reinstatement later.)

- robert

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
And I've taken down the binary/source downloads.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.

Posted by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> that be the case I wonder why Howard's previous post to general
> regarding this matter got only one response.

The ability to provide proper oversight is an issue for the Jakarta PMC to
take up.

	--- Noel

Re: [ANN][hivemind] hivemind has been temporarily taken offline

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.
Hmm.. that be the case I wonder why Howard's previous post to general regarding this matter got only
one response.

-Harish

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>

Re: [ANN][hivemind] hivemind has been temporarily taken offline

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <hk...@comcast.net>.

RE: HiveMind status?

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.
Nope; as per my blog, the hold up is due to office moves and acquisitions by WebCT. It's on the
corporate counsel's desk, but he's not moving fast because its not a priority to *them*.

HiveMind status?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hl...@comcast.net>.