Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Balaji H. Kasal" <ba...@ee.iitb.ac.in> on 2005/04/12 07:41:21 UTC

Beginner Question: Which is the Best place to start

Hi,

I am quite new to Struts. Please let me know which is the best place to
start with. I am interested to start learning from examples.

Thanks in advance.

--Balaji

Re: Beginner Question: Which is the Best place to start

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.
http://struts.apache.org/learning.html

http://wiki.apache.org/struts/

and

http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsResources

On that page is a link to a site that helped me a lot when I first
started with Struts (plenty of examples):

http://www.reumann.net/struts/main.do

But, with all that said, I always prefer a good book. I used
"Programming Jakarta Struts" by Chuck Cavaness. It's not perfect, but it
does a good job because the author obviously spent a lot of time
studying the source code. It's not really example based but more of a
thorough overview. I find that you want something like that in addition
to examples if you really want to get a grip on it.

For all the cutting edge features though, I suggest the wiki articles
and this list.

Hope that helps,

Erik