Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2001/12/14 12:44:45 UTC

FW: patch politics

Hi,
I think that issue is interesting for all of
us. Maybe some of you have additional
comments.

  Gerhard

---------------------------------
Never share a foxhole with anyone
braver than you are.
---------------------------------

RE: FW: patch politics

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.

Yepp, IMHO it would be easier to maintain the scratchpad as two branches.
(And you can play around a little bit in the scratchpad, without getting
in trouble with verfied code).

But maybe the scratchpad needs his own
lib directory
roles file
xconf file

  Gerhard

"God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things.
Right now, I am so far behind I shall never die."

RE: FW: patch politics

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

If it allows you to do whatever you can do with separate branch - then I
do not have any objections!

(Note that you should have ability to have different set of libraries in
scratchpad and in the main branch - as Gerhard pointed out...)

Vadim

Re: FW: patch politics

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.

RE: FW: patch politics

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.

<snip/>

>> Sorry, but there is a scratchpad area where such code can live. It has
>> to be moved there if that code is not stable enough.
>
>Cool. Then we need to cleanup HEAD a little bit and rollout 2.0.1
>release out of it.

Yep kool, but then I suggest to structure the scratchpad a little bit.
How about
lib/ (I already created)
src/org/apache/cocoon/scratchpad/...
(to avoid conflicts with existing Cocoon packages)
webapp/

What do you think

  Gerhard

If patience is a virtue, and ignorance is bliss,
you can have a pretty good life if you're stupid
and willing to wait.

RE: FW: patch politics

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.

<snip>