Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Sathish Vadhiyar <vs...@cs.utk.edu> on 2003/06/23 03:54:47 UTC

if a Xindice server is running

Hi.

Is there a way to find through a program if a Xindice server is running at
a remote location without doing things like invoking "queryCollection()"
or "getDocument()" on the non-existent Xindice server and inspecting the
failed return value? Because, performing a query on a non-existent server
leads to seg faults further down my program. That is why I would like to
check if a server is up and running before performing queries on it.

Thanks.

Sathish Vadhiyar
Computer Science
University of Tennessee

Re: if a Xindice server is running

Posted by Sathish Vadhiyar <vs...@cs.utk.edu>.
I would like to do it through a xmlrpc C program.

Posted by Charles Hsiao <ch...@mrxsolutions.com>.