Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by "michal.warecki" <mi...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/05 12:35:11 UTC

Camel Spring Batch

Hi,

I am a student and think about competing in the Google Summer of Code this
year. I'm a big fan of open source and Camel, and I think to create a new
component. Spring Batch is a good complement to the existing list. Batch
jobs are widely encountered in application integration.

I have question to Camel developers: Do you think it will be useful
component?

Re: Camel Spring Batch

Posted by "Willem.Jiang" <wi...@gmail.com>.
GCoS usually need students to spend nearly three months to implement a pice
of project.
And you need to find a mentor to help you.
It's good to see you are interesting about it, I think you can show us your
brief design and there are lot of people will help you.
BTW, I don't think it will take you much time to provide a camel
spring-batch component, maybe we can find a more challenge topic :)

Re: Camel Spring Batch

Posted by "michal.warecki" <mi...@gmail.com>.
Willem, Thanks for your feedback.

I'll try to find a mentor after Apache submit an application for the GSoC.

I'm the same opinion. It will be a fairly simple component. If you have some
more interesting idea, I'm open to all suggestions :-)

Re: Camel Spring Batch

Re: Camel Spring Batch

Posted by "michal.warecki" <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your answers,

vcheruvu : That's good idea but projects for GSoC have to be more technical
like extending core functionality of existing framework or integrating
frameworks. Maybe after this competition I'll try to integrate more business
projects like Bloomberg. Thanks for your idea.

Claus Ibsen : Within a few weeks in my spare time I will prepare the initial
conception of this module to camel developers opinions. Thanks

Re: Camel Spring Batch

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

This sounds great. You are very welcome to look into how to integrate
Camel and Spring Batch.

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM, michal.warecki
<mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a student and think about competing in the Google Summer of Code this
> year. I'm a big fan of open source and Camel, and I think to create a new
> component. Spring Batch is a good complement to the existing list. Batch
> jobs are widely encountered in application integration.
>
> I have question to Camel developers: Do you think it will be useful
> component?

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: [DISCUSS] Camel Spring Batch

Posted by vcheruvu <v_...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

For google project you can even look at this option, integrating with
Bloomberg Market Data api. Many companies i.e hedge fund, Investment bank,
High frequency trading firms will find this Bloomberg market api component
with camel very useful !. The challenge will be understanding how to manage
stream of market  data from Bloomberg in real time. Your skill with market
data component will be valuable and you will dive deep with core java.

http://open.bloomberg.com/ --> MIT license interface

Cheers,
-Vid-