Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2021/12/09 21:15:22 UTC

new HTL REPL release (was: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Scripting HTL REPL 1.0.8, Apache Sling Starter Content 1.0.10)

On Thu, 2021-12-09 at 09:41 +0100, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> The problem was there before, but was probably not noticed because the
> path was different. Now you moved to "/content" where ACLs and other
> nodes are very likely to be set up. That makes it much more critical
> now.
> Konrad

With https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-10987 fixed, I plan to
cut another release for the HTL REPL bundle. If anyone has objections,
please let me know.

Thanks,
Robert

Re: new HTL REPL release (was: [VOTE] Release Apache Sling Scripting HTL REPL 1.0.8, Apache Sling Starter Content 1.0.10)

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2021-12-10 at 13:28 +0100, Oliver Lietz wrote:

> Maybe I discussed with a different Robert at adaptTo() and in SLING-
> 8736,
> don't know. 8)

Ah, two years is apparently a long time for me :-) Thanks for the
reminder.

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Friday, 10 December 2021 11:59:08 CET Robert Munteanu wrote:
> On Thu, 2021-12-09 at 22:25 +0100, Oliver Lietz wrote:
> > On Thursday, 9 December 2021 22:15:22 CET Robert Munteanu wrote:
[...]
> > Didn't we agree to no longer use SLING-INF because meaning (NO meta
> > data) is
> > completely different compared to META-INF and OSGI-INF?
> > See Starter Content where we changed to initial-content.
>
> I guess we did, I probably missed the conversation :-)

Maybe I discussed with a different Robert at adaptTo() and in SLING-8736,
don't know. 8)

> I created [1] with a couple of sub-tasks to track this. I might get
> around to another round of testing/fixing, but otherwise I would defer
> this to the next release, since it's not a regression and has
> practically no impact on consumers.

Fine.

O.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Thursday, 9 December 2021 22:15:22 CET Robert Munteanu wrote:
> On Thu, 2021-12-09 at 09:41 +0100, Konrad Windszus wrote:
> > The problem was there before, but was probably not noticed because the
> > path was different. Now you moved to "/content" where ACLs and other
> > nodes are very likely to be set up. That makes it much more critical
> > now.
> > Konrad

Hi Robert,

> With https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-10987 fixed, I plan to
> cut another release for the HTL REPL bundle. If anyone has objections,
> please let me know.

Didn't we agree to no longer use SLING-INF because meaning (NO meta data) is
completely different compared to META-INF and OSGI-INF?
See Starter Content where we changed to initial-content.

Regards,
O.