Posted to users@tiles.apache.org by Adam Nichols <mr...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/24 06:01:43 UTC

nothing in my view

I'm using tiles 2.0.5 with myFaces.  I was able to get my application to
deploy, but when I got to my tiles page nothing inside <f:view> is
output to the browser.  When I made a sample page without tiles, it
worked as expected.  So I know JSF is set up properly.

I deployed myfaces-example-tiles-1.1.8, and that worked fine.  I copied
the configuration settings and jsp pages into my tomcat project and
nothing in f:view renders there either..  Nothing helpful in the logs,
even at debug level.  What should I be looking at to find out what's
going on?

Thanks,
Adam

Re: nothing in my view

Posted by Adam Nichols <mr...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I ended up just copying over the web.xml which worked in the
example .war file but to no avail.  Here's the web.xml entry:
       <!-- Tiles ViewHandler config file -->
      <context-param>
          <param-name>tiles-definitions</param-name>
          <param-value>/WEB-INF/tiles.xml</param-value>
      </context-param>

and the entry from faces-config.xml:
<application>
<view-handler>org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk.application.jsp.JspTilesTwoViewHandlerImpl</view-handler>
</application>

I'm going to try to create an identical project to the example .war file
and see if I can get things working.  I'll post back if I have any success.

--Adam

Re: nothing in my view

Posted by Adam Nichols <mr...@gmail.com>.
After cloning the example, and switching configurations over one file at
a time, I found that the problem was my web.xml entry for a security
filter (http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net/).  It matched /* and was
disrupting tiles from working properly.

At a few points I got errors about i/o errors and finding my template
file.  Each time I got that it was related to web.xml entries as well.
So if you're having troubles when trying to get tiles set up, I'd
suggest starting with web.xml.

--Adam

Re: nothing in my view

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.