Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by zward3x <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/10 14:50:43 UTC

(Near) Continuous data protection

Hi

this is yet-another-backup question - i'm aware of two approaches of backup
hbase (hdfs copy and MR job). But what if i need real time (CDP) backup
features.

My first toughs is to have two places where I write data (hbase,
transactional log on hdfs, even sql db). I can go with easy way and for each
HBase write to have additional write to another db (hbase,sql,file, ...) or
have something async (maybe messaging not sure, any ideas?). Of course I
need bunch of tools for incremental updates, aggregating increments,
restoring, ...

On other line, is there any solution (free or no) where it can support CDP
of generic data (not files)?

Best