Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2004/06/02 01:52:51 UTC

Re: Release planning (was Re: Shale vs. Struts-Chain)

If everything else is resolved, I don't think we need to wait on Validator 1.1.4. If it's ready when we are, fine. If not, #18169  does not seem like a "showstopper" issue to me, and we can finish implementing the feature in the 1.3.x series.

I'm trying to resolve the issues not listed as "outstanding" on the release plan, which should put us in a position to roll 1.2.6.

I would be in favor of immediately branching at 1.2.6, regardless, so we can start on 1.3.x. If there are any straggling issues with the 1.2.x build, I'd be happy to cross-commit between the 1.2.x and 1.3.x branches. We've let 1.2.x block 1.3.x long enough, and it's time to "move on to bigger and better things".

We did tag and roll 1.2.5, it just didn't go anyplace, which is going to happen now and again.

-Ted.

Posted by Vic <vi...@friendvu.com>.
Niall Pemberton wrote:
  to include this in the last 1.2 release.

It does not have to be last 1.2, still could have 1.27 :-).

(and maybeeeeeee 1.3 should be called 1.4, just in case, it is a big
change).
.V

Re: Release planning (was Re: Shale vs. Struts-Chain)

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 12:03:48 -0500, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 07:56:02 -0800, Martin Cooper wrote:
> > Excellent! I will roll it today.
>
> The one thing might be a quick update of the release notes to catch us up. It should only be a couple of items. (I'd do it myself, but I'm juggling other responsibilities today.)

Yep, I just finished doing that, and will check in shortly.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 07:56:02 -0800, Martin Cooper wrote:
>�Excellent! I will roll it today.

The one thing might be a quick update of the release notes to catch us up. It should only be a couple of items. (I'd do it myself, but I'm juggling other responsibilities today.)

>�BTW, I saw that you checked in a fix for #31642, but it still shows
>�as open in Bugzilla.

Thanks, done.

-Ted.

Re: Release planning (was Re: Shale vs. Struts-Chain)

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
The issue is that Validator was missed out when message bundles was
implemented in Struts - I'd prefer we wait for Validator 1.1.4 and fix
#18169 and  #21760 and that hole will then be plugged in the 1.2.x series.

If we were carrying on in the 1.2.x series, then releasing 1.2.6 and leaving
them till next time would be fine by me - but since we're moving on to a 1.3
branch IMO it would be a good idea to include this in the last 1.2 release.

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
+1 and I'll assist in knocking the remaining bugs down or anything else
necessary.

Don

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 19:52:51 -0400, Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote:
> [snip]
> I would be in favor of immediately branching at 1.2.6, regardless, so we can start on 1.3.x. If there are any straggling issues with the 1.2.x build, I'd be happy to cross-commit between the 1.2.x and 1.3.x branches. We've let 1.2.x block 1.3.x long enough, and it's time to "move on to bigger and better things".

+1

> -Ted.

Craig

Re: Release planning (was Re: Shale vs. Struts-Chain)

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
At first, we were listing the ones that were going to held over to 1.3.x and leaving out the JavaServer Faces ones (that don't apply to the core).

I just finished adding the others, so that the tallies match (13 each as of now). There are four remaining that I'll try to resolve in the morning, which have my userid in the status column.

-Ted.

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.