Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> on 2014/05/08 15:53:51 UTC

iterator filter and combiners

Hi, what is the best way to get started with the iterator filters and
combiners?

I looked through the examples and I was still not getting how to chain them
together.

Is there a config or something that specifies how to connect them on
queries and stuff or is that part of the column family?

Thanks!

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly

Re: iterator filter and combiners

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Joe!

you set iterators on a particular scan or on a table's maintenance
operations and define how they're chained by virtue of giving each a
priority.

First, system iterators are applied and then user specified ones. Within
each of those categories, the iterators are chained in ascending priority
order.

There more on setting up the actual use of iterators in the user manual
that might help:

http://accumulo.apache.org/1.6/accumulo_user_manual.html#_iterators

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> wrote:

> Hi, what is the best way to get started with the iterator filters and
> combiners?
>
> I looked through the examples and I was still not getting how to chain
> them together.
>
> Is there a config or something that specifies how to connect them on
> queries and stuff or is that part of the column family?
>
> Thanks!

>  Joe Stein
>  Founder, Principal Consultant
>   Big Data Open Source Security LLC