Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com> on 2018/03/05 00:35:13 UTC

https://github.com/apache/trafodion/pull/1310

Hi,

I'm looking at some older pull requests. This one https://github.com/apache/trafodion/pull/1310 seems to be ready to merge, but it is a fairly major change. (It refactors the data conversion routines in the ODBC drivers.) It has gone stale a few times in the past requiring the author to retool it for conflicting changes. I'd like to spare that person further work of this nature and commit this change.

Is there any objection to committing it?

If I hear nothing within 24 hours, I will do so.

Thanks,

Dave

RE: https://github.com/apache/trafodion/pull/1310

Posted by Selva Govindarajan <se...@esgyn.com>.
It will be good if the author documents how this change was validated. The check-PR tests and the daily build tests may not test the ODBC data conversion thoroughly.  Any regressions in this data conversion would seriously affect the usability of the Trafodion product. So, it is important that this change is well tested before the change is made.

Selva