Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by yilmaz <yi...@hwajet.com.tw> on 2001/11/09 13:15:16 UTC

customizing tomcat login popup window

is it possible to customize tomcat 4  login popup window,
namely , i want to modify the message written on the window to be cleraer to
my application's   users . Is it possible? Has anyone tried it before?
many thanks :)

Re: customizing tomcat login popup window

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
As I understand it (assuming BASIC authentication), setting the realm sets
the message in the pop-up window.  Realm isn't used for anything else except
the text in the pop-up.

Someone on the list please correct me if I'm wong.

--David Smith