Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Francisco Tolmasky <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/04 09:23:26 UTC

Checking version

My build file depends on a certain executable on the system being up
to date.  I'd like to be able to check the version of the executable
and see if it is at least a certain number.  Is this possible?

something like

<exec executable = "myexec">
	<arg value = "--version" /> <!-- store this somehow??? -->
</exec>

<condition property = "notuptodate">
	<smallerthan ? thatVersion 5.6 /> <!-- clearly psuedocode -->
</condition>

<fail if ="notuptodate"/>

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Francisco Tolmasky
714-224-6179
tolmasky@gmail.com

AW: Checking version

Posted by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de.
>My build file depends on a certain executable on the system being up
>to date.  I'd like to be able to check the version of the executable
>and see if it is at least a certain number.  Is this possible?
>
>something like
>
><exec executable = "myexec">
>	<arg value = "--version" /> <!-- store this somehow??? -->
></exec>
>
><condition property = "notuptodate">
>	<smallerthan ? thatVersion 5.6 /> <!-- clearly psuedocode -->
></condition>
>
><fail if ="notuptodate"/>
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated!

<exec outputproperty>