Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com> on 2001/03/13 00:46:38 UTC

Re: Redirect-extension in XalanJ2

Scott --

I have the changes to TransformerImpl and Redirect ready to commit.  The
only problem is that they don't seem to make a difference.  In
TransformerImpl, I store the Result outputTarget that is passed in to
the transform() or transformNode() methods.  Then, in the Redirect
extension, I do a getOutputTarget() to retrieve the Result that kicked
off the transform.

The problem is that, when invoked from the command line, the Result
passed to the transform method is normally a StreamResult built from an
OutputStream.  When I do the getSystemId() on this result it is null
because setSystemId() is never called inside Process.

Then, I thought I'd see if the result is a StreamResult and, if so, try
to get the OutputStream or Writer.  However, I see no way to get from
these to a URL or file name.

So, I'm thinking the best way to do this is to do the setSystemId() call
inside Process.

Whaddayathink?

Gary