Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by rohit2006 <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/09 12:37:41 UTC

Major Bug in create order in "order" application

Hi,

I recently discovered there was a major bug in the create order in the
'Order' application. To reproduce the buy, please do as following:

Login to the admin side and select 2 different party in the 'party'
application in 2 different browser windows and proceed to create a order
for, say party A, in window A. Now when you are in the last screen to
confirm/create order, just stop there and do not press the submit button.

Now, in window 2, for party B, proceed just aas above and stop in the last
page before submitting the order.

Now, select the window 1 and press the submit order button for party A.

This should have create a order for party A, with the items contained in
shopping cart of party A, but you will probably see that the shipping
address associate with the order is that of party B.

In substance, if one tries to create orders simultaneoulsy in the 'order'
application, ofbiz may throw un-expected results. And this is not just a
bug, but a huge security issue too.

Please do let me know if it happens for others too, in which case i will
open a JIRA issue for the same.

Thanks,

Rohit

Re: Major Bug in create order in "order" application

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Feb 10, 2009, at 9:32 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> On Feb 9, 2009, at 11:39 PM, David E Jones wrote:
>

>> If someone wants to work on this it would be cool, and has
>> certainly been discussed many times. The easiest way would be to
>> have a List of carts in the session and a screen to change which
>> one is the "active" cart, and to create a new/empty active cart.
>>
>> -David
>
> Actually I partially implemented this some time ago, and the code is
> in the OFBiz trunk, if I am not wrong.
> The only thing we still don't have is the ui to show all the carts
> (aka active orders) in the session and let the user to pick one of
> them: I did it in a custom ui for a customer but of course that part
> was never contributed.

That's great Jacopo. It sounds like if anyone is interested this
should be doable inside a couple of hours... ;)

-David

Re: Major Bug in create order in "order" application

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Feb 9, 2009, at 11:39 PM, David E Jones wrote:

> If someone wants to work on this it would be cool, and has certainly
> been discussed many times. The easiest way would be to have a List
> of carts in the session and a screen to change which one is the
> "active" cart, and to create a new/empty active cart.
>
> -David

Actually I partially implemented this some time ago, and the code is
in the OFBiz trunk, if I am not wrong.
The only thing we still don't have is the ui to show all the carts
(aka active orders) in the session and let the user to pick one of
them: I did it in a custom ui for a customer but of course that part
was never contributed.

Jacopo

Re: Major Bug in create order in "order" application

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "David E Jones" <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>
>> Something to note also, I don't know for other browsers, but if you  open several instances of Firefox using the same profile (in
>> different windows as opposed to tabs in the same window) Firefox  does not open another session.
>> Actually Firefox used only one process for all its windows. It's a  feature some softwares allow you to choose or not (only 1
>> instance) Firefox forces it. You can change but AFAIK not from  inside Firefox (using about:config)
>> If interested Google for "allow firefox multi instances"
>
> Yes that is the traditional behavior for Firefox. What about other  browsers like IE, Opera, Safari, etc?
>
> What I'm saying is that this isn't just the behavior for Firefox, all  browsers except Chrome have historically behaved this way
> and it is  only recently that any of them even considered doing something  different.

On Windows it's clear for Opera (allow to open only one intance/window anyway) and Safari (tnough less clear from UI POV, same
behaviour than FF). But less for IE8 as it opens 2 processes under a sole task (Windows terminology). In IE case I did not find
quickly any clear answers about session on Google...

Jacques

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "David E Jones" <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "David E Jones" <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Stepping back a little the simple fact is that the Order Manager Order
Entry was built to only support one outstanding order at a time. It
sounds like it is working correctly, you're just editing the same
order in both tabs/windows.

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Deepesh,

Posted by Deepesh Kapoor <de...@hotwaxmedia.com>.