Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Homeijer <M....@devote.nl> on 2001/08/13 10:06:28 UTC

Using action return value in xsp

In an action i return a HashMap to the sitemap, one of the elements in this
HashMap is a HashMap.
My question is, how do I get this second HashMap in an xsp page.

>From the documentation of the Parameters object, I read that I can only get
string parameters from it.
How can I pass complex objects from an action to an xsp page?

TIA,
Michael

Re: Using action return value in xsp

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Quoting Michael Homeijer <M....@devote.nl>:

> In an action i return a HashMap to the sitemap, one of the elements in
> this
> HashMap is a HashMap.
> My question is, how do I get this second HashMap in an xsp page.
>
> From the documentation of the Parameters object, I read that I can only
> get
> string parameters from it.
> How can I pass complex objects from an action to an xsp page?

Put those object into the request like request.setAttribute("name", map) and
read them in your XSP page like request.getAttribute("name");

Giacomo