Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Pablo Duboue <pa...@gmail.com> on 2023/07/13 08:26:00 UTC

Re: UIMA-CPP update

Hi!

I have some great news, but I'll send them in a longer email.

On Sun, Jun 4, 2023 at 9:26 AM Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > On 10. Apr 2023, at 10:32, Pablo Duboue <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Last but not least, I have been working on my fork [8]. I see most
> > commits have JIRA issues associated with them. When the time is ready
> > I make a pull request from my project? What would you suggest?
>
> I would say best work directly on the official repo instead of working on
> your own branch. Activity is best visible when performed on the main repo.

Very good point. It turns out I was missing registering with the gitbox and
just got access to the repo.

> We do not use JIRA anymore but have switched to using GitHub issues
> exclusively.

This is great news!

> The uimacpp repo does not seem to have issues enabled atm because it was
> scheduled for going out of business. However, you can enable those by
> setting
> the `github/features/issues` key in the `.asf.yaml` file. See here
>
>   https://github.com/apache/uima-uimaj/blob/main/.asf.yaml

Yes, thanks for that. I have enabled it now.

> As for things like timelines and such - I usually work without those ;)
> I do work as work comes in and every once in a while, I do a release.
> If you wish to do release planning, I'd say that's completely up to you.

Very sane approach.