Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Eric-AWL <er...@atosorigin.com> on 2008/08/20 17:40:31 UTC

How to develop his own DiscoveryAgent ?

Hi every body

I won't be in a local area network topology and would want to develop my own
discoveryAgent.

Is someone can help me by telling me where I can find some sorts of
documentations ? (rules to follow, and so on ?)

Thank you ...
Eric-AWL

Re: How to develop his own DiscoveryAgent ?

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.
Some time back I started a discovery agent that used SLP and was optionally
backed by ApacheDS LDAP server.  SLP is a nifty little protocol because it
allows you to attach attributes to the service registration and service
queries.  So if a broker was configured to register with the attribute
color="blue, red, green", other brokers could discover this broker with a
query for "red" or "red and green", etc.  SLP can be done using multicast in
a sort of peer to peer fashion but also has provisions for a Directory Agent
where the discovery agents can talk only to a centralized server or list of
servers.  In my case I had a standalone SLP Directory Agent configured, but
it could also be embedded in a broker or all brokers via spring xml.

The idea was that a broker could be configured with *any* attributes that
were relevant to it such as geographic location, capacity, or business
function, and other brokers would "discover" other brokers matching
attributes they were interested in.

This sounded similar to what you are looking for so if you are interested or
want more details let me know!

Chris

--
Chris Custine

Posted by Eric-AWL <er...@atosorigin.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Powers, Matthew" <mp...@Systems.Textron.com>.
What about ZeroConf?

What about using a LDAP directory server, like Apache DS, to allow the
brokers to autodiscover themselves?

http://activemq.apache.org/ldap-broker-discovery-mechanism.html

Joe
http://www.ttmsolutions.com