Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Daniel Mc Iver <da...@lagan.com> on 2008/07/30 18:17:34 UTC

reading CSV file from VFS - (EPR) for the Operation not found

Hi,

I'm trying to read a CSV file from VFS, transform it using a script mediator and send it to an end point. When I do I get the error "The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation not found is  and the WSA Action = null" (full log below).

Here is the synapse config file:

<definitions xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse">
 <sequence name="updatecase">
  <script language="js"><![CDATA[
   var args = mc.getPayloadXML().toString().split(",");
   mc.setPayloadXML(
    <flt:FWTCaseUpdate xmlns:flt="http://www.lagan.com/wsdl/FLTypes">
     <flt:CaseReference>{args[0]}</flt:CaseReference>
     <NewNote>Status of request {args[1]} : {args[2]}</NewNote>
    </flt:FWTCaseUpdate>);
        ]]></script>
  <property action="set" name="OUT_ONLY" value="true"/>
  <header name="Action" value="urn:FWTCaseUpdate"/>
  <send>
   <endpoint>
    <address uri="http://localhost:8080/lagan/services/FL" format="soap11"/>
   </endpoint>
  </send>
 </sequence>
        <proxy name="FileProxy" transports="vfs">
                <parameter name="transport.vfs.FileURI">file:///C:/synapsefileexample/in</parameter>
                <parameter name="transport.vfs.ContentType">text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1</parameter>
                <parameter name="transport.vfs.FileNamePattern">.*\.csv</parameter>
                <parameter name="transport.PollInterval">15</parameter>
                <parameter name="transport.vfs.MoveAfterProcess">file:///C:/synapsefileexample/suceeded</parameter>
                <parameter name="transport.vfs.MoveAfterFailure">file:///C:/synapsefileexample/failed</parameter>
                <parameter name="transport.vfs.ActionAfterProcess">MOVE</parameter>
                <parameter name="transport.vfs.ActionAfterFailure">MOVE</parameter>
  <target inSequence="updatecase">
   <outSequence>
    <property name="transport.vfs.ReplyFileName"
       expression="fn:concat(fn:substring-after(get-property('MessageID'), 'urn:uuid:'), '.xml')" scope="transport"/>
    <send>
     <endpoint>
      <address uri="vfs:file:///C:/synapsefileexample/out"/>
     </endpoint>
    </send>
   </outSequence>
  </target>
  <publishWSDL uri="file:repository/conf/sample/resources/proxy/sample_proxy_1.wsdl"/>
 </proxy>
</definitions>
Here is the log at DEBUG:

2008-07-30 12:12:10,125 [192.168.1.66-na-bpm-1] [WrapperSimpleAppMain]  INFO ServerManager Ready for processing
2008-07-30 12:12:24,296 [-] [vfs-Worker-1] DEBUG VFSTransportListener Scanning directory or file : file:///C:/synapsefileexample/in
2008-07-30 12:12:24,359 [-] [vfs-Worker-1] DEBUG VFSTransportListener File name pattern :.*\.csv
2008-07-30 12:12:24,359 [-] [vfs-Worker-1] DEBUG VFSTransportListener Matching file :101000001750.csv
2008-07-30 12:12:24,375 [-] [vfs-Worker-1] DEBUG VFSTransportListener Processing file :file:///C:/synapsefileexample/in/101000001750.csv
2008-07-30 12:12:24,421 [-] [vfs-Worker-1] DEBUG TransportUtils createSOAPEnvelope using Builder (class org.apache.synapse.format.PlainTextBuilder) selected from type (text/plain)
2008-07-30 12:12:24,484 [-] [vfs-Worker-1] ERROR AxisEngine The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation not found is  and the WSA Action = null
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation not found is  and the WSA Action = null
 at org.apache.axis2.engine.DispatchPhase.checkPostConditions(DispatchPhase.java:88)
 at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:333)
 at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:264)
 at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:163)
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.base.AbstractTransportListener.handleIncomingMessage(AbstractTransportListener.java:256)
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.vfs.VFSTransportListener.processFile(VFSTransportListener.java:448)
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.vfs.VFSTransportListener.scanFileOrDirectory(VFSTransportListener.java:241)
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.vfs.VFSTransportListener.onPoll(VFSTransportListener.java:145)
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.base.AbstractPollingTransportListener$1$1.run(AbstractPollingTransportListener.java:94)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2008-07-30 12:12:24,484 [-] [vfs-Worker-1] DEBUG VFSTransportListener Error receiving message
[...]
2008-07-30 12:12:24,593 [-] [vfs-Worker-1] ERROR VFSTransportSender Unable to determine out transport information to send message
2008-07-30 12:12:24,593 [-] [vfs-Worker-1] ERROR VFSTransportListener Error processing received message
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Unable to determine out transport information to send message
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.base.AbstractTransportSender.handleException(AbstractTransportSender.java:243)
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.vfs.VFSTransportSender.sendMessage(VFSTransportSender.java:161)
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.base.AbstractTransportSender.invoke(AbstractTransportSender.java:127)
 at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.sendFault(AxisEngine.java:530)
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.base.AbstractTransportListener.handleIncomingMessage(AbstractTransportListener.java:263)
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.vfs.VFSTransportListener.processFile(VFSTransportListener.java:448)
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.vfs.VFSTransportListener.scanFileOrDirectory(VFSTransportListener.java:241)
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.vfs.VFSTransportListener.onPoll(VFSTransportListener.java:145)
 at org.apache.synapse.transport.base.AbstractPollingTransportListener$1$1.run(AbstractPollingTransportListener.java:94)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2008-07-30 12:12:24,593 [-] [vfs-Worker-1] ERROR VFSTransportListener Error processing File URI : file:///C:/synapsefileexample/in/101000001750.csv
[...]
2008-07-30 12:12:24,593 [-] [vfs-Worker-1] DEBUG VFSTransportListener Moving to file :file:///C:/synapsefileexample/failed\101000001750.csv
2008-07-30 12:12:39,296 [-] [vfs-Worker-2] DEBUG VFSTransportListener Scanning directory or file : file:///C:/synapsefileexample/in

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Daniel McIver

________________________________
The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error.

The views and opinions expressed in this email may not reflect the views and opinions of any member of Lagan Technologies Limited, or any of its subsidiaries.

Lagan Technologies Limited is a company registered in Northern Ireland with registration number NI 28773. The registered office of Lagan Technologies Limited is 209 Airport Road West, Belfast, Co. Antrim, BT3 9EZ.

Re: reading CSV file from VFS - (EPR) for the Operation not found

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Daniel

I tried your example, and it worked as expected. For simplicity, I
removed the script mediator, and invoked the Axis2 "echo" service, which
simply returns my request. My updated config is attached. Note that I
removed the "OUT_ONLY" property, since it seems like you want to get a
response from the web service, and write it to the "out" directory.

I then copied a CSV into the "/tmp/in" and using TCPMon, I could see the
file contents being sent to the Echo service as:

POST http://localhost:9001/axis2/services/MyService HTTP/1.1
FILE_PATH: /tmp/in/SqlSample.csv
FILE_NAME: SqlSample.csv
SOAPAction: urn:echo

d9e
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
   <soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <soapenv:Body>
         <axis2ns1:text
xmlns:axis2ns1="http://ws.apache.org/commons/ns/payload">... CSV Data
....</axis2ns1:text>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>0

Then I could see the response in
/tmp/out/87C3A627E1CC6E6AB61217483035786279001-1925780599.xml with the
same original CSV data

I am using Synapse 1.2 release

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera

WSO2 - http://wso2.org
http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

RE: reading CSV file from VFS - (EPR) for the Operation not found

Posted by Daniel Mc Iver <da...@lagan.com>.
Hi Indiki,

Thanks for all your help here. When I removed the publishWSDL node it worked and I was able to get it reading CSV, transforming it and passing it on to the endpoint.

I'd just like to say I'm really impressed with how much can be accomplished with so little configuration in Synapse and the rapid support you've been able to provide.

Daniel McIver

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Daniel

Why don't you drop the WSDL for now and see if things work? When I tried
this example as well, I first got the scenario working and ignored the WSDL

asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera

WSO2 - http://wso2.org
http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: reading CSV file from VFS - (EPR) for the Operation not found

Posted by indika kumara <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel

 I was successfully reproduce error here . When I see the line
"<publishWSDLuri="
file:repository/conf/sample/resources/proxy/sample_proxy_1.wsdl<file:///repository/conf/sample/resources/proxy/sample_proxy_1.wsdl>"/>"
, this may be the root cause.

Error you have got is about axis2 dispatching error and it cannot be
happened when sending message from synapse but only when receiving messages.

I have successfully reproduced this as follows

I just deploy axis2 version service and get it's wsdl and replace content of
sample_proxy_1.wsdl with the content of version service wsdl and deploy
SimpleStockQuoteService in the axis2. Then change the synapse_sample_254
(Just uri of address endpoint to the EPR of SimpleStockQuoteService in the
axis2) and then start the synapse with sample 254 . Your error was
reproduced.

Issue is sample_proxy_1.wsdl contains a wsdl for SimpleStockQuoteService and
your request it not the request expected by SimpleStockQuoteService.
VFSListener get the file and create a message and give it to axis 2 engine
to find out service (Here to find out proxy service). There is no SOAP
Action or a EPR here so axis dispatcher will try to dispatch based on SOAP
body. But soap body doesn't contain information find to
SimpleStockQuoteService (The first child of the your request
'FWTCaseUpdate') and as reason throws an error that you have got.

Please change the request xml so that using it axis2 can find the service.
And note, this error is occurred before message is injected to the
synapse(when finding the proxy service).

Thanks

Indika

Re: reading CSV file from VFS - (EPR) for the Operation not found

Posted by indika kumara <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi

""The endpoint reference (EPR) for the Operation not found is and the WSA
Action = null" obviously tells that the both EPR and the WSA Action are
null. But as you are using an Address endpoint , EPR cannot be null(EPR is
equal to the uri attribute of the endpoint). But , due to some reasons it
has been happened. I will try your sample here and get back to you.

Could you please change the logging level to DEBUG for org.apache.synapse
and then attached here(both synapse.log and service.log)?. Log4j.properties
file is in lib directory. In additions, could you trace the message between
the synapse and the external service using TCPMON and attach those here?.
This may be help to investigate what is wrong. Then , I will try out your
samples here.

Thanks
Indika

Posted by Daniel Mc Iver <da...@lagan.com>.
Hi,

[...]

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
        <soapenv:Body>

Posted by Evanthika Amarasiri <ev...@wso2.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Posted by Evanthika Amarasiri <ev...@wso2.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Posted by Daniel Mc Iver <da...@lagan.com>.
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I'm still getting the same error.

Thanks,

Daniel McIver

How about trying to define the in sequence inline, like this?

<?xml version="1.0"?>
[...]
            </inSequence>
            <outSequence>
                <property name="transport.vfs.ReplyFileName"
expression="fn:concat(fn:substring-after(get-property('MessageID'),
'urn:uuid:'), '.xml')" scope="transport"/>
                <send>
                    <endpoint>
                        <address
uri="vfs:file:///C:/synapsefileexample/out"/>
                    </endpoint>
                </send>
            </outSequence>
        </target>
        <publishWSDL
uri="file:repository/conf/sample/resources/proxy/sample_proxy_1.wsdl"/>
    </proxy>
</definitions>

Scott Hoggarth

Posted by Scott Hoggarth <sc...@concur.com>.